Thomas Armstrong, Ph.D. is the Executive Director of the American Institute for Learning and Human Development, and an award-winning author and speaker who has been an educator for over forty-five years. Over one million copies of his books are in print in English on issues related to learning and human development.
He is the author of sixteen books including:
- The Myth of the A.D.H.D. Child: 101 Ways to Improve Your Child’s Behavior and Attention Span Without Drugs, Labels, or Coercion
- The Power of the Adolescent Brain: Strategies for Teaching Middle and High School Students;
- Neurodiversity in the Classroom: Strength-Based Strategies to Help Students with Special Needs Achieve Success in School and Life;
- The Power of Neurodiversity: Unleashing the Advantages of Your Differently Wired Brain;
- Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom, 4th Edition
- In Their Own Way: Discovering and Encouraging Your Child’s Multiple Intelligences;
- 7 Kinds of Smart: Identifying and Developing Your Multiple Intelligences;
- The Best Schools: How Human Development Research Should Inform Educational Practice;
- ADD/ADHD Alternatives in the Classroom; and
- Awakening Genius in the Classroom
- Mindfulness in the Classroom
His books have been translated in over eighty foreign editions into twenty-seven languages, including Spanish, Chinese, Hebrew, Danish, and Russian.
He has written for Ladies Home Journal, Family Circle (where he received awards from the Educational Press Association, and the National Association of Secondary School Principals, Parenting (where he was a regularly featured columnist for four years), Mothering (where he was a contributing editor), The AMA Journal of Ethics, many other periodicals, journals, and edited books.
He has appeared on several national and international television and radio programs, including NBC’s “The Today Show,” “CBS This Morning,” “CNN,” the “BBC” and “The Voice of America.”
Articles featuring his work have appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, USA Today, Investor’s Business Daily, Good Housekeeping, and hundreds of other newspapers and magazines around the country.
Dr. Armstrong has given over 1000 keynotes, workshop presentations, and lectures on six continents in 29 countries, and 44 states in the past thirty years. His clients have included Sesame Street, the Bureau of Indian Affairs, the European Council of International Schools, the Republic of Singapore, and several state departments of education. He is a member the PEN American Center.
Twitter: @Dr_ArmstrongView all authors